- 1/2 cup melted butter (or Earth Balance Vegan Buttery Sticks)
- 1/3 cup cocoa (plain, unsweetened kind)
- 1 cup sugar
- Pinch of salt (1/16th of a teaspoon)
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 large or extra large eggs
- 1/3 cup potato starch (spoon into cup, then level it, don't pack)
- 1/2 cup more semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Grease an 8 inch square, glass baking pan with a non-stick baking spray. Preheat oven to 325°
- 1. In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium/low heat. Remove from heat. Whisk in the cocoa until smooth; then stir in the sugar and salt. Add 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips and stir until melted.
- 2. Whisk in the eggs, one at a time. When smooth, stir in the potato starch, then add the final 1/2 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips. Pour into your prepared pan.
- 3. Bake at 325° for 23 - 28 minutes. Do not over-bake. The brownies should be barely set in the middle and just start to crack on the outside edges. Cool on a baking rack...then ENJOY!!!
- For DAIRY FREE BROWNIES: Use Earth Balance Vegan Buttery Sticks and Dairy Free Chocolate Chips. Both of these are available at a Natural Food Grocery Stores.
While looking at the calendar for the store I noticed that all Michaels four week courses were marked down to $10.
If you are interested in taking any courses in January of February may I suggest that now is the time to register!
Owner/Operator, My Cake Class
- 1/4 cup vegan margarine
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup rice flour
- 1 cup soy flour
- 125 g dark chocolate, chopped
- 60 g additional dark chocolate, melted
- Measure then sift your flour and add in chopped chocolate into a bowl and set to the side.
- Beat margarine, sugar and egg in a large bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Stir in your flour mixture and melted chocolate into large bowl and mix on low until completely blended then mix at medium speed for about 30 seconds.
- Using a melon scoop (or cookie scoop for larger cookies, beware you will have less than 28 cookies using a cookie scoop) make into small balls of dough.
- Place on a greased cookie sheet and slightly flatten.
- Cook in an oven at 350 until lightly browned and cooked completely through. Average cooking time is about 10 minutes.
- Let cool on the cookie sheet for about five minutes then transfer to a wire rack to completely cool.
- To enhance your cookies you can use the remaining melted chocolate and drizzle it over the top of the cookies.
I say that with confidence on the outside, but inside I am making that “fingers and everything I can cross is crossed” face.
I apologize for all those who have tried to purchase classes last week, unfortunately the Paypal set up on the shop interface I was using was much smarter than I was and we had an program that was experiencing opening month jitters.
Hopefully third time is a charm and thing should be working now.
Owner/Operator, My Cake Class