I am working on some changes to the site and some features today so if something looks wonky… it probably is.
Day off from work so I’m tweaking things here that are on my “to do” list.
Is anyone interested in getting together to make some flowers with the Wilton Advanced Gum Paste Flower Kit (that looks like the pictures below)?
The flowers that can be found in this kit are as follows:
- Daisy- small, medium, large, and X-Large;
- Phalaenopsis Orchid- petal, throat, and sepal;
- Hibiscus- petal and leaf;
- Ranunculus- small and large petals, and leaf;
- Gardenia- small, medium, and large petal;
- Dogwood ;
- Rose- small and large petals, small and large leaf;
- Lily of Valley & Lily of Valley leaf
I have some students wanting to learn how to make the flowers not currently covered in Course 3 from this kit and wanted to put the offer out to join us in case you are interested.
It will be set up to be in the same format as the current Wilton courses due to the fact that with it being a multi step process and these flowers will need time to dry before the next step.
In this gathering you will learn the following:
- How to wrap wire in floral tape to give your flower a stem and look realistic
- How to place gum paste petals on wire
- How to assemble the petals and leaves into a flower
- How to create a floral spray
If you are interested in joining us please let me know by completing the form at the end of this post. I am in the process of trying to find a time that everyone who is interested can get together to work on them.
We are looking to have this class potentially in May or June right now and do not have a specific day/time set yet.
You will also need to purchase a set of floral wires, the silicone mat set pictured here as well as one package of gum paste.
I hope to see some familiar faces in this class.
**Please note this Impression Mat is very similar to the exiting one that is the same color. This one has specific centers for the hibiscus and other new flowers. The original mat will not work with this kit.
Owner/Operator of My Cake Class